Thursday, August 19, 2010

75 Favorite Moments in DC History: Number 61

61.  Skeets knows lolspeak (Booster Gold #1, 2007, collected in Booster Gold Volume 1)

Another endearing bit of silliness.  I like teh silly, what can I say?  I also love sarcastic robots.  When I was a kid, my life's ambitionw as to own K.I.T.T. from Knight Rider.  I adored that car.  It was black, it was sleek, it was sarcastic.  I thought by the year 2000 I'd have either a flying car or a smart-mouthed talking car, but noooo, science had to disappoint me on both those fronts.

But I digress.

Doesn't Skeets remind you just a little bit of K.I.T.T.?  Not only that, but apparently he visits icanhascheezburger.com on a regular basis:

Honestly, CW, if you're looking for a show to replace Smallville, go with these two.

I love Skeets.  Who wouldn't want a little know-it-all robot following you around and telling you how awsome you are?  I'd take him over a flying car any day.

7 comments:

The One True GL said...

K.I.T.T was teh awesome, wasn't it?

Flying cars? Someone DEFINITELY dropped the ball on that one - we don't even have a hundred hover-crafts in the lower skies.

verification word is norse...um...Should I be reading Thor?

LissBirds said...

K.I.T.T. should definitely exist by now. I'm sure science is at least capable of that.

No! No Marvel allowed here! :)

Sea-of-Green said...

Oh, geez. I just read this article out loud to Mr. Sea -- ALSO a former Nightrider fan -- and he agrees totally with you assessment of KITT the car, and Skeets. :-)

Diabolu Frank said...

K.I.T.T. Slash Fiction parody

Aaron said...

If Booster eats a burger off the floor, your case will be air tight. :)

SallyP said...

There is just something about a snarky robot. I still miss L-Ron something fierce...but Skeets is a worthy successor.

LissBirds said...

I know! I miss L-Ron, too. He should come back.