Blackest Night #8
- All the rings on the cover.
- As soon as everyone started clutching their heads, I knew it was Black Lantern J'onn coming.
- Larfleeze's little blob pet.
- Hal's brother and family makes an appearnce. Good to see that actual citizens DO exist in this whole Blackest Night thing.
- Sensory overload splash pages work for the Green Lantern Corps, but no one else.
- And on that note: foldout splash pages = even more fun.
- Even though I'm not really a fan, seeing Aquaman sans beard/hook hand/long hair is a thing of beauty.
- While all the resurrected heroes get to make out with their significant others, J'onn J'onzz is stuck with Superman.
- Maxwell Lord gets a nosebleed. Heh.
- Deadman? Alive? Most emotional resurrection, but I'm not sure this will work for the character.
- Black Hand's fate.
- An open-mouthed Sinestro on the cover. Reminds me of the Joker.
- Where are the Dibnys?
- Not sure I like Jade coming back. I don't know enough about her to really judge, though.
- Where the hell is Ted Kord?!
- What exactly did Larfleeze do for Luthor?
- Is Black Hand an Indigo Lantern now because of the Indigo symbol in his eyes?
- Where'd the White Lantern Battery come from? Where is it now?
- Why does Deadman have a White Lantern ring? (I wouldn't have noticed this is someone else pointed it out first.)
- What exactly did Larfleeze and Luthor do, if anything?
Green Hornet #2
- "Dragon Lady's" weaponized dress.
- Monthly "lunch with son" consists of just French Fries.
- Very clever uses of high heels during fight scenes.
- Bad coloring that makes everyone's face look greasy.
- EDTIORS WHO DON'T KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN "IT'S" AND "ITS"! @#$#)$(*&!
- Stereotyped Asian "family shame." C'mon, Mr. Smith, you can do better than that. I think.
- Britt Reid, Jr. = Bruce Wayne. Again, can't you do better, Mr. Smith?
- Good-looking rich boy with daddy and relationship problems. Hollywood, much?
- Britt Reid's son is named Britt Reid, too? Okay, now I need to re-read the first issue because I don't know who which Britt Reid it was about.
- What's all this back room dealing with the mayorial candidate and should I care?